So, this morning I had two hungry guys to feed.. I rummaged through the labyrinth of my fridge and unearthed two spring onions, 3/4 of a block of Kerrygold mature cheddar and some left over biltong. Great! Savory muffins with a South African spirit.
2 XL eggs
2 cups flour (sifted)
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbs baking powder
2 spring onions
1 cup coarsely grated biltong
1 cup grated mature cheddar
* Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a muffin pan
1) Sift dry ingredients together and stir until just mixed
2) Add finely diced spring onions, mature cheddar and biltong and mix again
3) In a separate bowl whisk eggs and milk together
4) Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients 1/3 at a time and stir until just mixed. Do not over mix!
5) Add mixture to muffin pan filling each cup 3/4 full
6) Sprinkle the top of muffins with a little extra biltong and cheddar (even a bit of feta works)
7) Bake for 20-25 minutes
8) Remove from oven and enjoy!