So, this recipe came together by chance. Part luck, part error, part panic, part creativity.
I was hosting a dinner party and my no bake cheesecake refused to set due to the fact I had tried to be healthy and used low fat cream instead of full fat.
I placed it in the freezer to help it along its way and forgot about it for 2 hours.
The verdict? Ooh la la! Refreshing, zesty, creamy and perfect on a Summer’s evening.
It’s what I’d imagine a combination of a sorbet and cheesecake would result in.
Granadilla Sorbet Cheesecake
- Granadilla pulp 3/4 Cup (about 4 medium sized granadillas, save 1 or 2 for decoration)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 250ml full fat whipping cream
- 2 tubs cream cheese
- 50 g butter, melted
- 3/4 packet nutty crust biscuits, turned into crumbs
- 1 small lime
- Mix Nuttycrust biscuit crumbs and butter.
- Add a teaspoon of lime zest
- Press flat into bottom of springform cake tin (Those ones that can open wider to release cake)
- Place in fridge
- Using a standing mixer, whip cream place in a bowl to store
- In standing mixer combine cream cheese and condensed milk (Don’t over mix)
- Add granadilla pith/juice and juice from the small lime
- Gently fold in the whipped cream to the mixture
- Pour into the cake tin on top of the biscuit base
- Place in freezer for 2 hours approx
Serve with fresh granadilla pulp on top and enjoy!
Love, Kerry Leigh x