Who doesn’t love the marmite and cheese combo? Whether on toast, crackers or Matzos, the options are endless.
I went in search of the perfect cheese muffin recipe, added some Marmite, tweaked it some more and ended up with this. Enjoy!
p.s. Bovril can be used in place of Marmite for a milder taste (remember it’s non-vegetarian)
Cooking Time 20- 25 minutes
25 ml Marmite
200 g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
100 g butter
150 ml milk
3 cups flour (I used a mix of gluten free flours)
20 ml Baking Powder
3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Melt butter and Marmite together
3. Sift together dry ingredients and add the cheese
4. Wait for the Marmite/butter mixture to cool down and add the eggs and milk – stir well
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients 1/3 at a time and stir until just mixed. Do not over mix!
6. Spoon into greased muffin tin
7. Add extra Marmite and cheese on top, sprinkle with a touch of the herb mix
Bake for 25- 30 minutes and enjoy!