This veggie-loaded gluten free quiche is healthy and simple. The chorizo and parmesan add a layer of savory indulgence. Comfort food without the guilt. Quiche, Capiche?
- 1 pack of portabella mushrooms
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 8 slices good quality salami (I get mine from the local butcher
- 3/4 cup crumbled spinach
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- to taste salt & pepper, paprika and nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Rinse spinach thoroughly and slice finely. Steam for 5 minutes. Put in a colander and let it drain while you begin to prepare the rest.
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them thinly. Place the sliced mushrooms in a pan along with a teaspoon of butter, add the minced garlic, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Turn the heat on to medium-high and saute the mushrooms until they release all of their moisture and no more water remains on the bottom of the pan(5-7 minutes).
- Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray. Squeeze all the water out of the spinach and spread it out on the bottom of the pie dish. Next add the cooked mushrooms and crumbled feta.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs until smooth. Add the milk, parmesan, and a small sprinkle of pepper, paprika, nutmeg and salt. Whisk to combine. Pour this mixture into the pie dish over the spinach, mushrooms, and feta.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over top. Place the pie dish into the oven. Place the quiche into the preheated oven and bake until it is golden brown on top and the center is solid. Every oven is different but this should take between 45 minutes and an hour. Slice and serve!
Love, Kerry Leigh x