- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease a 20x20cm baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa and baking soda. Stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter until smooth. Stir in the boiling water until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Break up the slab of milk chocolate into small chunks. Put half of it in a glass bowl over boiling water in a small pot. Don’t let the bowl touch the water. Bring water to a boil and stir chocolate gently after 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and eggs with the remaining 1/3 cup melted butter. Stir in the vanilla and salt until just smooth. Add melted chocolate to mixture and stir. Dump in the flour, nuts and chocolate chips at the same time, and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the pan. (Always better to under-bake than to over-bake brownies!) Remove and set aside to cool. Slice into squares.
- In a pot on the stove, bring the cream to a boil. In a separate glass bowl, break up the white chocolate into small pieces. Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and stir gently until chocolate has melted. Pipe over the completely cool brownies and let set. Voila!