For the meringue nest
For the Filling
. 500 ml whipping cream
. 1 tsp vanilla essence or ground vanilla pod
. 1 cup caster sugar
. 100 ml granadilla pulp to add to cream mixture
. 3 Tbs granadilla pulp to decorate
. 2 Kiwi fruits finely sliced to decorate
. Pomegranate kernels to decorate
For Pavlova Meringue
1. Preheat oven to 140 degrees centigrade
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper
3. In a food processor, whisk egg whites until fluffy
4. Slowly add the caster sugar and continue whisking
5. Add in the vanilla, salt and cornflour.
6. Whisk until stiff peaks form
7. Spoon out into a rough circle shape on baking tray.
8. Try to form a crown or nest shape with a scraper spatula
9. Be creative, I used an upward brush motion around the outside of the meringue to create high sides.
10. Make sure there is a hollow in the centre for the filling! Bake for 1 hour and allow to cool completely in the oven with the door propped open with a wooden spoon.
For the Creamy Fruit Filling
1. In a mixer, whip cream for 1 minute.
2. Add caster sugar in batches while whipping slowly.
3. Add the vanilla and granadilla pulp and stir in gently.
4. Spoon into the meringue crown and decorate with the extra fruit